Board of Govenors
The Board of Governors considers policy development and fiduciary responsibilities to be its primary functions.
Policies are those outcomes of planning and evaluation, which guide the Board of Governors in its operation and are guides for action by the Head of School. Policies also act as a means of communication with the community, staff, and students relative to the School’s Mission and Vision and other Guiding Statements and to its philosophy and objectives and Board decisions.
The Board of Governors ensures the financial stability of IPS through sound financial planning and the monitoring of the annual budget
Responsibilities will include:
- To establish the mission, vision, and philosophy of the School
- Plan strategically to ensure the viability of the School
- To employ, support and evaluate the Head of School
- To monitor the work and effectiveness of the educational program through discussions with the Head of School
- Approval of the annual operating budget
- Approval of the annual calendar
- Evaluation of itself on an annual basis
IPS Board Policy Manual Policy: 2.020
Inspire, Empower, Lead