Admission Process & Fees
Welcome to Admissions at IPS
The International Preparatory School caters for boys and girls from the ages of 18 months -11 years.
We accept new expatriate students at any time throughout the year and students residing in Mauritius at the beginning of each new term. We are always happy to meet prospective parents so if you are local or visiting Mauritius and wish to have a tour of our school, please either contact us on (230) 266 1973 to arrange an appointment or complete the IPS
Please note at the International Preparatory School there are two fee structures.
- Mauritian students’ fees are slightly less than those of non-Mauritian students.
- A pupil will be eligible for Mauritian fees only if one of the parents is Mauritian.
- Parents who have lived in Mauritius under a valid permit/s for a minimum of five consecutive years and can show proof thereof will be eligible for Mauritian fees.
Nursery & Reception (3 Years - 5 years)
Year 1 - Year 6 (5 Years - 11 Years)
- Children born in Mauritius to expatriate parents who have not yet completed a minimum of 5 consecutive years residence or do not have the correct residency permits are not eligible for Mauritian fees.
- Children born outside Mauritius, please follow the coming Steps
Please follow these simple steps if you wish to make an application.
Please read our Admissions Agreements, which include our school’s Admissions Policy, Vision, Mission statements, and Learner Profile.
If you feel that IPS is the right school for your child, please download and complete the relevant Application Pack for Nursery and Reception Learners, Agreements Acceptance Form and the Physical Exam sheet.
To complete the application papers we also require:
- A covering letter from the child’s parents addressed to the Head of School
- A scanned copy or photocopy of the child’s birth certificate
- A scanned copy or photocopy of the child’s passport
- A scanned copy or photocopy of the child’s vaccination card
- A passport size photograph with the child’s name written clearly on the back
- Scanned copies or photocopies of school reports for the past three years or
- Scanned copies or photocopies of all school reports to date (for younger applicants)
- Scan or photocopy of Residence Permit (where applicable)
- Results of external assessments (e.g. Learning Support, Speech Therapy, OT, Ed. Psych)
- A copy of confirmation of payment of the application fee of MUR 500
Please return the completed forms together with the supporting documents detailed above to:
the Admissions Officer at email@example.com
The Admissions Officer will confirm receipt of the application papers by email. Please note that the application process can only begin when we have received all the required documentation.
The documents will be reviewed. This process ordinarily takes only a few days. If there is space available, the offer of a place will be made in writing. When demand is high and limited space is available, fees will be due for the period between the acceptance of a place and the date the child starts school.
If a place is not available, the child's name will be placed on the waiting list for the respective class. The Admissions Officer will contact the family if and when a place becomes available. Applications will be retained for one calendar year.
Please note that the Head of School takes the final decision on acceptance.
Inspire, Empower, Lead